MINI's Mixtape

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Not Asking for Much


it's ridiculous how a simple day can make me happy.
don't get me wrong-shopping sprees and elegant restaurants are all fine and dandy.
but simple days can be just right for me-especially if it goes right.
i'd start my day getting up in the morning and turning my boom box on
to some crazy 1940s jazz.
you know, when it's only a sax playing
and symbols being rubbed together.
very...blues like and calm.

i'd wear something saturday-worthy.
like short shorts...which wouldn't really be too short on me.
due to my arm and leg ratio, I can't wear almost any type of short
but bremuda shorts @ school due to the fingertip rule.
bleh.

so that weekend i'd let loose.
try to be comfortable in some shorts
(since i rarely wear them).
with a long-sleeved top to balance out my attire, haha!
get a few to go cups of Dulce de Leche creamer
and head out to the used bookstore.

in the mornings, they have three different types of coffee brewing.
and it smelled sooo good while i was trying to choose a book for english!
quite distracting.
so i'd grab me a cup of joe
once i sat down with a few book nominees
and choose one or two to buy
based on reading the first chapter.

then,
for breakfast i'd head across the street to Original House of Pancakes.
and buy some milk, pancakes with strawberry syrup and whipped cream
(yummy!!!)
and some bacon.
their breakfast makes my day!

just recently, i've started mapping out places to prowl
for nifty thrift-type shops.
in my area.

because the more blogs i read,
the more i hear about amazing finds.
so i'm about to find some treasure for myself
in second-hand shops.

there's one right next to the bookstore i haven't looked in yet.
so i'd shop around in there.

now, just a guesstimate...

breakfast........$15.00
book(s)........$9.00
thrift shopping........$30.00 (?)

total: $54

not a bad day @ ALL!
might even head to my local sushi bar with some peeps, huh?

1 comment: